Laura Thomas Candle Making Workshop
02 May 2018
Join Designer and Candlemaker Laura Thomas (Laura Thomas Co) within the beautiful surrounds of Archerfield Walled Garden for an evening of candle making.
Create your very own soy scented candles with dried botanical flowers and learn all about the art of candle making in this workshop.
Laura shares her insider knowledge, secrets, tips and tricks of the trade that will enable you to create and learn about the art of candle making. Take away oodles of inspiration, pick Laura's brains and discover all you need to know about all things candles.
Enjoy fizz and nibbles, then sit back, relax and learn about wax, wicks, fragrancing and burning your candle correctly. You'll then get to work making your very own soy scented candles to take away with you.
- Description of commonly used waxes and their pros and cons.
- Introduction to soy wax.
- An overview of the different types of wicks.
- Discussion about the different scent options of fragrance oils, essential oils and dried flower petals.
- Step by step guide to the process of producing a container candle including measuring correct quanities of wax and scents required.
- Choose, mix and measure your own scent combinations.
- Create and hand pour your own container candles.
- Discussion on how to fix 'problems' when making candles.
Workshops are roughly 2 hours long. Take away with you two container candles which will have dried botanical flowers within and a wealth of knowledge on your new candle making skill.
Meet new people, learn something crafty and take your own hand poured candles home with you to burn. A must do if you love scented candles and craft!
When: Wednesday 2nd May, 6:30-8:30
Where: Archerfield Walled Garden, Archerfield Estate, Direlton, EH39 5HQ
Tickets: £45 including fizz, nibbles, workshop and 2 candles to take away.