Canteen | June Salsa Party
Venue: Archerfield Walled Garden, Archerfield Estate, East Lothian, EH39 5HQ
Date: Sat 30th June (Last Saturday of the month March - September)
Time: 12 - 8pm
Cost: £1 per adult / children free (no booking required)
Ever fancied learning to salsa? Well, you're in luck. June sees the first in our series of late night Canteen street food festivals. This month's festival includes a wonderful slice of Havana with an open-air SALSA PARTY and VINTAGE CAR display.
Rogue Village are teaming up with Scotland's legendary Venezuelan Salsa DJ, Freddie Ramirez, and host Ami Emirato. Ami will take you through some basic steps before getting the party started. Even if you’re not feeling brave enough to join in there’s more than enough space to soak up the atmosphere and enjoy the incredible food and drink on offer.
Canteen Street food festival at Archerfield Walled Garden features a selection of the UK’s most acclaimed street food traders. Rogue Village create a family-friendly carnival atmosphere within the restored 18th century Archerfield Walled Garden. There’s more than just the finger-licking food on offer with open-air cocktail bar, resident DJs (Four Corners) setting the soundtrack, acres of landscaped grounds and gardens to explore, The Fairy Trail and play area for kids as well as the Gift Shop and Food Market supporting local producers. We always have a few surprises thrown in from live music to breakdance battles, microbrewery tours and kids' art areas.
Less than 40 minutes from Edinburgh this is the perfect relaxed day trip for foodies, families or those looking for a country escape.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Lunchtime is our busiest time - why not consider coming a little later to avoid the queues?
- Admission will be on a first come first served basis.
- Most traders take cash only payments and whilst there is an ATM onsite we recommend bringing cash
- Traders and entertainment is refreshed on monthly basis. Check on our website and social media channels for monthly line-ups
- Well behaved dogs are welcome but must be kept on a lead at all times, comfortable in busy environments and owners are responsible for their behaviour.
- Car parking is free and there are plenty of spaces