Christmas Candle Making with LT Co. 2
When: Wednesday 20th November, 6.30pm - 8.30pm
Where: In the Café
Tickets: £45 including fizz, nibbles, workshop and 2 candles to take away.
Hosted by: Laura Thomas Co
Join Designer and Candlemaker Laura Thomas (Laura Thomas Co) and team for an evening workshop in Christmas Candle Making.
Your host will share insider knowledge, secrets, tips and tricks of the trade that will enable you to create and learn about the art of candle making. Take away oodles of inspiration, pick our brains and discover all you need to know about all things candles.
Arrive to served Fizz and Nibbles. Next sit back, relax and learn about wax, wicks, fragrancing and burning your candle correctly. Finally, get to work crafting your very own Christmas Candles - the perfect gift for a friend or loved one.
- Description of commonly used waxes and their pros and cons.
- Introduction to Soy Wax.
- An overview of the different types of wicks and what wick testing involves.
- Discussion about the different scent options of fragrance oils, essential oils.
- Step by step guide to the process of producing a container candle including measuring correct quanities of wax and scents required.
- Choose, mix and measure your own scent combinations.
- Create and hand pour your own container candles.
- Discussion on how to fix ‘problems’ when making candles.
Workshops are roughly 2 hours long. Take away with you two container candles and a wealth of knowledge on your new candle making skill.
Meet new people, learn something crafty and take your own hand poured candles home with you to burn in your home or give us a gift. A must do if you love scented candles and craft!